Thursday 23 July 2015

First reaction to Bring Me the Horizon - Happy Song & Throne

This is a post that has literally been in my drafts since happy song got released and until now I haven't listened to it  because I wanted this post to be a "first reaction" and tbh, if it wasn't for the fact that they have just released the first official single off of their new album, I probably still wouldn't have wrote this post.


So this is like a 4 minute song or something and judging by the beginning, I think I'm really going to enjoy it. I wasn't really holding much hope for the album because of all of the butt hurt fans that still live in 2008. But, I'm impressed. I really enjoyed the mellow songs on Sempiternal. I really like the lyrics too. I haven't had a proper look at them but they're pretty sweet. I am absolutely loving the instrumental aspects of this track, so fucking sick. Yep, I'm really liking this song, it's very similar to sempiternal at the end of the track. but yeah, second song released off the new album and I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to it, definitely think I'll be buying this album when it's released.

Okay, time to listen to the first official single off of the album - Throne.
I'm not 100% loving the intro, oli's vocals are brilliant - as always. the lyrics are pretty good. I'm really not a fan of the song instrumentally though. but anything with techno robot shit in, I've never been a fan of. This song is very repetative and a little basic/simple for my liking however I did read the interview that they did with Rolling Stone and Jordan Fish said himself that this song is the most simple one that they wrote for the new album.
I'm going to give it another listen but only because I actually want to watch the video this time.
not a fan of the video but after listening to the song a second time, I kinda like the drumming. But I think that might just be the only instrument that sounds good in the whole song. I think I would like oli's vocals a lot more if he didn't sound so grisly but that is probably due to years of screaming badly (not saying his "screaming" was bad, just that his technique wasn't great and has quite obviously ruined his vocals and it will take a while for his voice to go back to normal).

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment