Thursday 23 July 2015

Review of Parkway Drive - Vice Grip

This has been a long time coming. They released this song like what, a month ago?
but once again, much like the bring me the horizon review, this is a first reaction review, meaning that I'm listening to this song for the first time while I write the review.

Parkway Drive are a band that I have admired for a long time now so not listening to this song sooner was a difficult task, took a hell of a lot of self control. Really hoping I'll like this song.

okay, the intro is very promising. Instrumentally the intro is brilliant, vocally the intro is brilliant. So far, I can't fault the song. this review is probably going to be very short because I can't just keep repeating "this is sick" haha. I think I'll just read the lyrics, maybe that'll pack the review out a little bit. okay so lyrically the song is great, a lot of it is very repetitive but most choruses are. The verses however, are actually pretty good. the lyrics are very relateable and I think a lot of people will listen to this song just to feel like there are people out there that know and understand them and what they're going through which i think is nice. I think it's really lovely when bands are able to have that kind of connection with their fans.
I think this is going to be the end of this one because there isn't much else I can say about this song. It's brilliant, check it out if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment